- How did you get into the dubbing world?
It was completely by chance. I've always wanted to work in there, but the occasion hadn't arisen yet. One day, I've got a call to audition for the TV series « Jake and the Never Land Pirates » (« Jake et les pirates du pays imaginaire » in french, ed), for singing parts, and the adventure started like that.
- Had you already experienced dubbing before "Frozen", and do you still dub since then?
Well, no. I've been working on « Jake and the Never Land Pirates » for a few years, but only on the songs, and we shot the clips of the first two seasons... As a result, dubbing speaking parts was totally unknown to me until this day.
- How did the audition and recording sessions of Prince Hans go?
It was unexpected, since at first, I came auditionning for Olaf. I'm not sure my tests were very conclusive, but when the Dubbing Director, Ninou Fratellini, heard my voice, she asked me to try out for the Prince. I burst out laughing, thinking my voice would never suit a Disney Prince... and in the end, she was right.
- What's your favourite Disney character?
- Is there a Disney character you would have liked to dub?
I'd have loved to work on Ratatouille, because this movie overwhelmes me and I saw it as an adult. The others, the old ones, are way too sacred, they can't be touched even in imagination!
- Would you like to dub another Disney character someday?
Of course! No doubt about it! It's a huge honor to help make new generations of children dream like others made us dream before. I'm not sure it's gonna be possible to have another big role but... as I said earlier, sidekicks are my favourites, so... I expect so!
- We can see you're friend with Anaïs Delva (French voice of Elsa); did you become friends during the dubbing or did you know each other before?
We were friends before. I hired her on "Robin des Bois, la légende ou presque" (translation: Robin Hood, the legend or almost) for the Avignon Festival in 2012, and we've never left each other since :)
Interview by Guillaume Zabou
June 22, 2016
June 22, 2016